We’re often asked, “What makes VIcom different from other technology integration companies?”
The question can be answered in a multitude of ways, such as:
- We’re a 100% Employee Owned Company
- We have over 60 manufacturer partners
- We truly care about building and sustaining the client relationship wherein we ALWAYS put the customer’s needs and desires first. In other words, we truly enjoy making our customers happy by going above and beyond.
- We represent the single largest and most diverse collection of integrated systems and communications experts in Virginia.
- We possess a unique composition of fully-capable Audio Video and Voice/ Data/ Security divisions, which allows us to provide truly Unified Solutions.
This list is by no means all inclusive. However, one area that truly sets us apart from other integrators is our dedicated Education Team which focuses on K12, higher education, as well as all other verticals that provide training/education to their employees which includes most companies/businesses and the federal government.
- Providing discipline and/or grade area-specific technology training and lesson plan creation.
- Consulting with schools on security and threat assessment (DCJS Security Service Certified)
- Providing training K-12 teachers, higher education professors, corporate and military/federal employees on SMART Technologies and other manufacturers with similar hardware and software, as well as various other hardware and software solutions.
VIcom’s Education Team is led by Dr. Michael Rossi, a former educator: teacher, coach, and principal/head of school. Dr. Rossi is VIcom’s Education Consultant, Specialist, and Master Trainer. Specifically, Dr. Rossi and his team are responsible for:
- Conferring with K-12 schools, higher education institutions, and corporate and federal officials to develop curricula and establish guidelines for educational technology products, lesson plans, and programs best suited to meet individual school, corporate, federal, and/or school system’s needs.
- Meeting with individual teachers/professors, business professionals, federal employees, or groups of teachers/professors to disseminate and receive input on teaching needs related to educational technology products and training needs thereof.
- Providing training on video conferencing equipment for use in distance learning, specifically for education customers and corporate and federal collaborative environments.
- Integrating Best Practices with educational technology products such as, but not limited to, interactive flat panel displays and software products and lesson plans need based on school, corporate and federal administrative input, in sync with their Strategic Plan and/or Technology Plan.
- Providing training to teachers and other employees in K-12 schools, universities, corporations, and federal entities in the use of technology products for more efficient and cost-effective instruction and collaboration.
- Assessing and evaluating teacher proficiency and knowledge regarding technology and designing programs and training in sync with teacher/professor needs and proficiencies.
- Assisting schools in improving test scores using technology products.
- Meeting with and supporting the instructional technology coordinators and/or like individuals.
K-12 Education Technology Solutions | VIcom’s Education Team not only provides training after hardware and software solutions are installed, but we also can provide ongoing and updated training when there are hardware and/or software updates or enhancements or changes in personnel. In the K12 space, VIcom’s Education Team also provides half-day, all-day, and 2-3 day summer training sessions for public and private school teachers at no charge. Teachers receive a certificate and recertification hours/points for attendance. Training is usually on SMART interactive flat panel displays and SMART Learning Suite software and similar manufacturer technologies.
At VIcom, we are committed to helping our education customers and all those companies and entities that provide training to their employees become proficient and adept in the use, purpose and functionality of all the hardware and software solutions we provide. We focus on not just the “how” but they “why” of our provided hardware and software solutions. Our customers understand the necessity for improving student and employee skills and proficiency/job performance, which is why they come to us in the first place. However, it is VIcom’s Education Team’s responsibility to provide training that reflects how utilizing technology is not a panacea or a “magic bullet” but a more time and cost efficient way to improve test scores, skills and performance. The technology solutions we provide and train customers are tools that help our clients do their jobs better and more efficiently.
If you’re interested in speaking directly with Dr. Rossi or a specialist from our Education team, please fill out the form below and we’ll be in contact with you! For more information, you may also call: (757) 490-7777. Please be sure to follow VIcom on Linked In.
Let’s Get In Touch
Serving K-12 and Higher Education clients throughout the mid-Atlantic region of Virginia. For example, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Suffolk VA. Also providing service to customers in Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown, Williamsburg, Tabb, Grafton, and Seaford VA. Furthermore, we have an office in Richmond, VA, better serving clients in the Northern Virginia region to include Richmond, Powhatan, Colonial Heights, Chester, Petersburg, Chesterfield County, and Midlothian VA.