Those who have worked in education understand that learning happens in a variety of ways. One of the major benefits of technological innovation is that it enables educators to target those unique ways of learning by utilizing specific technology that caters to their style and preferences.
Microsoft Teams is no exception to this as they continue to innovate and work to enhance Microsoft Teams to be more useful in the classroom.
Here are five features in Microsoft Teams that can make getting back to school this season a bit easier (and more effective).
1. Reading progress – According to Microsoft, Reading Progress in Teams enables you to “Support and track reading fluency in your class with Reading Progress. Students record their reading on camera and submit it to you. As you mark and return their work, data is automatically collected and organized in Insights, helping you spend more time with students and less time analyzing data.”
2. Easy Collaboration Tools – Teams is a digital hub that combines content, conversations, and apps for easy collaboration within one place. These tools enable students to connect with classmates, ask their teacher a question, complete assigned work and keep track of the work they’ve got ahead.
3. Reflect app – According to Microsoft, the Reflect app enables you to “Help students recognize and navigate their emotions by providing regular opportunities to share and be heard. Reflect can help broaden learners’ emotional vocabulary and deepen empathy for their peers while also providing valuable feedback to educators for a healthy classroom community.
4. Praise Badges – Praise badges enable educators to recognize moments of growth that not only boost a student’s self-esteem but ultimately work towards a more positive culture in the classroom.
5. Easily present and share recorded lessons – Educators can record and present content in PowerPoint which can be saved and accessed by students who may have challenges keeping up or because of remote learning, might be better suited to have control of the speed they take in information.
If you’re interested in a Microsoft Teams solution for your organization or have any questions we can assist you with, please fill out the form below and we’ll be in contact with you!
Let’s Get In Touch
Unified Communications – Microsoft Teams Virginia Beach | VIcom is well experienced in teleconferencing solutions. Moreover, VIcom assists many organizations in simplifying and enhancing their ability to teleconferencing efficiently.
We are also Virginias’ premier technology solutions integrator for Teleconferencing, Zoom, Audio Visual, Unified Communications, Security Applications, Cloud & IT, Church AV Systems, and Educations AV Solutions. Moreover, we are proud to serve clients throughout the mid-Atlantic region of Virginia. For example, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Suffolk, VA. Also providing service to customers in Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown, Williamsburg, Tabb, Grafton, and Seaford VA.
Furthermore, we have an office in Richmond, VA, better serving clients in the Northern Virginia region, including Richmond, Powhatan, Colonial Heights, Chester, Petersburg, Chesterfield County Midlothian VA.
For more information, call: (757) 490-7777. Please be sure to follow VIcom on Linked In.
Keywords: Microsoft Teams, Education, Classroom Technology, Remote Learining