At Zoom’s virtual conference, Zoomtopia, Zoom unveiled a variety of features intended to support your possible return to the office. These developments, including self-driving car integration and optional end-to-end encryption, are being revealed as Zoom continues to have success amidst the current situation in 2020. Touting over 300 million daily participants, including over 100,000 schools that utilize Zoom for free during the pandemic, Zoom’s success seems to function as momentum, encouraging them to introduce a whole set of new features that may be a major asset to you in the coming months.
- Virtual Receptionist. Zoom is calling this the new Zoom Rooms Kiosk mode which enables visitors of your building to approach a display and engage virtually with your receptionist. This feature is set to be available for beta within the next couple of months.
- People Counting. Prior to entering a physical meeting space, this feature will enable attendees to view the occupancy of the room and whether it has the appropriate space to accommodate social distancing. The Scheduling Display feature will be available within the next couple of months.
- Voice Commands. This will allow attendees to start a meeting by saying “Hello Zoom, start meeting.” Though technically this has been available, Zoom is expected to expand the Zoom Rooms OS support as a beta within the next couple of months.
- Integration of Alexa for Business. Users can control their Zoom Rooms experience using voice-activated control via Alexa for Business. For example, you could say “Alexa, what’s the guest Wi-Fi password?”. To enable Alexa for Business, access it via your Zoom admin portal and through advanced settings in the AWS console.
- Mobile Device & Laptop Control. Attendees in the meeting room can utilize their personal mobile devices or laptop to manage Zoom Room controls without having to touch shared devices or screens. Zoom Rooms Control via mobile is expected within the next couple of months and laptop availability is set to release shortly after that.
- Enhanced Dashboard Reports. Admins will be better suited to monitor and ensure the safety of the environment by receiving dashboard insights regarding the air quality, temperature, and attendees within a specific room. This feature will require the necessary hardware and is expected to release within the next couple of months.
- Remote Management. For town hall meetings and all hands-on virtual events, IT teams can launch the room controller from the Zoom admin portal. This is in beta now and is expected to be released within the next couple of months.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your Zoom Room or you’re interested in a new Zoom Room for your organization, please utilize the form below and we’ll be in contact with you soon!
Also, see Get to know Zoom
Let’s Get In Touch
Zoom Virtual Conference | VIcom is well experienced in communication solutions. Moreover, VIcom assists many organizations in simplifying and enhancing their ability to communicate efficiently.
We are also Virginias’ premier technology solutions integrator for Audio Visual, Unified Communications, Security Applications, Cloud & IT, Church AV Systems, and Educations AV Solutions. Moreover, we are proud to serve clients throughout the mid-Atlantic region of Virginia. For example, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Suffolk, VA. Also providing service to customers in Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown, Williamsburg, Tabb, Grafton, and Seaford VA.
Furthermore, we have an office in Richmond, VA, better serving clients in the Northern Virginia region, including Richmond, Powhatan, Colonial Heights, Chester, Petersburg, Chesterfield County Midlothian VA.
For more information, call: (757) 490-7777. Please be sure to follow VIcom on Linked In.
Keywords: Zoom, Zoom Room, Back to Work, Return to the Office, Alexa for Business