VICOM Safety Protocols for Coronavirus / COVID-19
Effective: March 20, 2020
VIcom is following CDC and VA Dept. of Health guidelines for limiting coronavirus exposure. We remain committed to keeping all our employees and customers informed about the company’s actions for best way to maintain a safe work environment. We are continuing to work diligently in preparation for any contingencies required because of the coronavirus situation. To continue to provide services while maintaining a safe environment for our employees, customers and subcontractors, VIcom has implemented the following protocols:
Protection of Personnel
Per the CDC recommendations, standard hygiene is a very important proactive measure to prevent infection. All employees must follow these guidelines:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and regularly use an alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, elbow, or shoulder, and not with your bare hands.
- Do not touch your face, mouth, nose or eyes.
Where physically possible all personnel will maintain minimum of 6’ separation from one another.
To the extent practical, all personnel will wear masks or facial coverings, specifically where social distancing measures are difficult.
- Stay home if you develop any continuous respiratory symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, difficulty breathing, or a temperature above 100.4 Fahrenheit according to the CDC.
- Leave work immediately if you develop any continuous respiratory symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, difficulty breathing or a temperature above 100.4 Fahrenheit according to CDC, while at work.
Procedure for a Potential and Confirmed Case of COVID-19
- Any employee who is awaiting the test results for a COVID-19 test will not be permitted at our facilities or onsite at customers and will follow guidelines per medical recommendations for quarantine.
- If an employee tests positive for COVID-19, that employee needs to notify VIcom immediately and will follow medical recommendations for treatment/ quarantine.
- VIcom will notify the customer and immediately stop work where the employee was working.
- VIcom will notify potentially impacted employees and any subcontractors worked alongside so actions to quarantine can begin.
- If a subcontractor working alongside our employee tests positive for COVID-19, that subcontractor is required to notify VIcom Management immediately.
Regarding onsite installations and site visits, we can work and visit your facilities if granted permission and we will adhere to the protocols you have in place.